Sunday, June 5, 2011

They say the Economy is Bad...



And it is, but like I always say, the ones with the $$ will continue to spend it. These are the folks I need to tap into with my work.

An example is 'Christopher Ross', a name I keep seeing in selling venues. I wondered who/what that is, and checked it out.

It turns out he's a designer who made a line of belts in the 1980s with large buckles shaped like animals and other things. They've become hugely popular from being worn by Sarah Jessica Parker's Carrie in the 'Sex in the City' movie. That's all it took, and the things are selling for big money to avid collectors.

They are really well made, beautiful, and go for hundreds of dollars, even for the buckles alone without their belts. Ross has reproduced much of his 80s line, with some pieces running upwards of $1,000.
Yes, over $1,000 for a belt. The original 1980s pieces are on fire right now.

I did a Google Shopping search for 'Christopher Ross belt', the results are below:

Christopher Ross

Ride the wave.

No comments: